Selah Mission Trips (SMT) are designed for Schools and their students to provide an experience that builds the Spirit, Soul & Body of an individual and community, creating lifelong change……
Each trip places the group within local villages and schools, provides interaction opportunities to engage with local refuges, hospitals and churches whilst enabling the students to experience the culture of Fiji through markets, lovo feasts and even the opportunity to crack your own coconut and taste the freshness.
With every mission trip we also want to experience what the destination has to offer, whether that be trekking, mud baths, snorkelling the beautiful reefs or playing a local volleyball game.
“We have been facilitating mission trips to Fiji since 2012 and look forward to welcoming you on a trip that will engage your spirit, soul & body.” Director / Pastor Glenn Wysman
SPIRIT / SOUL / BODY
Selah Mission Trips provide a real benefit to schools, parents and the participating students. We work together with the school to reinforce their vision and values. All our trips endeavour to help students discover their gifts & talents, possible career paths, build their faith and cultural awareness levels and create an opportunity for the school community to ‘adopt’ a village or local school to connect with on an on going basis. The SMT will create opportunity for growth, discovery, respect, self discipline, knowledge and faith. Students will have plenty of fun, connect with existing and new friends, discover and experience new things and enjoy all that Fiji has to offer.
SSPIRIT – DAILY DEVOTIONAL WITH A LOCAL PASTOR EACH MORNING. VISIT AN ISLAND CHURCH FOR A SUNDAY SERVICE.
SSOUL – PERSONALITY DISCOVERY. EACH DAY STUDENTS WILL WORK THROUGH A PERSONALITY PROGRAM.
BBODY – STUDENTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THEIR CHOICE OF EITHER SNORKELLING, FISHING, TREKKING OR MUD BATHING EXPERIENCES.
6 nights / 7 days program
- Day 1. Depart Sydney and arrive in Nadi, Fiji after a 4 hour flight. Here we board a bus to travel North to Lautoka the second largest city of Fiji. It is in the West of the island of Viti Levu, 24 kilometres north of Nadi. Lying in the heart of Fiji’s sugar cane-growing region, it is known as the Sugar City. Here we settle in to our first night accomodation followed by an evening meal and a Fijian welcome.
- Day 2. We make our way to Almanah Hope Centre in Teidamu our central base for briefing and transferring to local villages. It is also the training centre for the womens refuge where students will assist with the making of local art and crafts.
- Day 3. We visit schools and integrate with local students and share and learn Fijian schooling and culture. We return to Almanah Hope Centre for our evening meal whilst enjoying a 270 degree view watching the sunset over Fiji.
- Day 4. We depart Lautoka via bus and make our way south down to the town of Nadi. We explore Nadi and its sights including a visit to the local market and source fresh food for the evening Lovo feast in Sonaisali on a beautiful 5 acre Fijian property. After dinner we make our way to our accomodation just outside of Nadi.
- Day 5. We depart by boat to Malolo Island to attend a traditional Fijian Church service with dance and enjoy lunch with the local community and spend the remainder of day on the Island before returning to our Nadi accomodation.
- Day 6. Is our Fun Day Monday – snorkelling, fishing, mud bathing, trekking and enjoying the elements of Fiji. We conclude this evening with a celebratory meal and Fijian dance.
- Day 7. We say Vinaka to Fiji and depart for Sydney.
Each day includes a daily devotional and personality program segment together with commentary of the local Fijian culture and History.